Wood Blotter & Ink Desk Organizer Set - Bronze - Murano Glass Calligraphy Pen
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- Details & Instructions
- Shipping & Returns
Wood Organizer bundle with two of the most Classic Writing Essentials included- Inkwell and Blotter.
- Solid Wood Desk Organizer - 9.5x4.5" Mahagony Color with Black Felt Bottom
- 2 top Interior Spaces measure 3.25x2.5" each plus front space for storing your Pen (Ballpoint, Fountain Pen, Pencil etc)
- Includes Inkwell with Bronze Detailed screw-top and 1.75 ozs. of fine quality Writing water-based Ink. Inkwell measures 2.5x2".
- Also Includes Bronze Detail Metal Ink Blotter with wood base will make quick work of helping the ink dry. Blotter measures 4"x1.75". Includes 5 refills.
- Use your own writing instruments to store in the front compartment or in the upright Pen holder (fits pens up to 1/2" diameter).
- Optional Accessories include our Feather Quill Pens with nibs, Wood Dip Pens or Glass Calligraphy Pens.
Glass Pens are a work of Art that adds an artistic elegance when writing with ink or placed on your desk. They are typically hand crafted and therefore each Pen is unique. Many pen enthusiasts have a collection of glass dipping pens since their simplicity allows a writer to try out many different types of inks in rapid succession. . Glass Dipping Pens make a perfect graduation, anniversary, wedding, birthday or holiday gift. No calligraphy knowledge needed! Just dip and write!
Changing inks is as easy as dipping the pen tip into water, wiping with a cotton towel and then dipping the pen into new ink! Glass dipping pens provide a nice flow of ink over paper. As long as you have a bottle of ink nearby, glass pens help you capture your thoughts anytime of the day or night. Glass pens are understandably more fragile than other writing instruments. If kept safe, however, a glass pen will outlive your metal pens, as they will never rust or clog
How to Write with a Glass Dip Pen
Glass Dip Pens hold ink in the small, deep grooves at the tip. These grooves hold the ink as you write. Dip your glass pen about halfway through the tip of the pen. To begin writing, use a light amount of pressure (as compared to the steel nib pens), then vary that pressure to see what works best for you (excessive pressure as you write might cause the tip to break). Try writing at an angle and not vertically. When used correctly, a Glass Pen can store enough Ink to write a full sentence or more.
How to Clean a Glass Dip Pen:
Clean your pen regularly as you write by dipping it in water every 1-2 minutes and then wiping it off with a cotton cloth.
What Type of Ink is best with Glass Dip Pens?
Glass Dip Pens work best with thinner inks as the thin grooves don’t allow a thicker ink to flow as well, but typically will handle most types of inks. Please note that your results may vary, as characteristics like viscosity, won’t be perfectly consistent between different brands of the same type of ink.
What type of Paper is Best?
Glass Dip Pens are wet writers, especially right after they are dipped. Choose a less-absorbent paper that doesn’t bleed or feather. Good options are any fountain–pen friendly papers.
Stock Items: Ship in 1-2 business days.
Custom Items: Standard Production times are listed on the individual products. Rush Production services are available on select items and are listed as an option when applicable.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS-Live Rates
- Based on the total weight of your order and your location
- Place items in your cart to get accurate shipping cost
- We offer both DHL Express, UPS and Postal Service options
- Some rural areas will have additional costs for extended delivery service
- If your shipment is over 6 lbs. we will quote a shipping cost to you first.
You may return any unused stock item for any reason within 30 days from receipt. Custom Products are not subject to cancel or return except for defects in the order. Please view our Return Policy here.